Bathroom renovations are an excellent investment, but only hiring the right contractor will provide you with the results you are after. When conducting your search, you will come across many contractors, but the following guide will help you find the best bathroom renovation contractor near you:
- Create a plan. Gather your ideas before reaching out to contractors to be aware of your goals. This will provide you with a clear picture of what you want, and you will be able to discuss your specific design preferences to determine whether or not the contractor can complete the job. Knowing your preferences will also help you understand the magnitude of your project and how complicated it may be.
- Look for contractors in your area. Once you know what you want, you can then start looking for bathroom remodelling contractors in your area. They must be licensed, and you have to confirm that they have insurance coverage so that you have peace of mind. Look into their experience and check their portfolio to see if their projects align with your needs. While online searches are great, it’s best to ask friends and family for referrals because feedback from people you know is valuable. You will be able to trust their information and get an idea of the level of service you will receive.
- Conduct phone interviews. Once you have a list of your top contractors, contact them by phone to conduct phone interviews and discuss your expectations. Tell them about your project and ask them for a list of references along with their payment expectations, their license number and their certificate of insurance. Ask them who will be working on your project so that you know whether they are employees or subcontractors, and take note of their answers.
- Discuss your project in great detail. Tell the contractor about the materials you want and the colours and brands you expect to be aware of this information. You must discuss your budget, the type of bathroom design you want, the fixture types you need and the type of tiles, flooring and countertops you like. Providing the contractor with details will ensure there are no disagreements and everyone will be on the same page. You should also discuss the project timeline to know when your bathroom will be completed.
- Ask for estimates in writing. Contractors will provide you with quotes, and you need to read these documents carefully to ensure you are comfortable with the information. Look at the costs and materials and quantities to ensure the data adds up and make sure your contract includes a payment schedule, a total project price and information regarding warranties. Only sign the contract once you’ve read the information carefully.
If you are looking for a reputable bathroom renovation contractor, the experts at JJ Cabinet Warehouse can help. We will turn your ideas into a reality so contact us today for more information!