An outdated bathroom is not fun to look at or to be in, but the good news is that there are a number of things you can do to give your bathroom a makeover without renovating it. Certain tricks will bring new life into an old bathroom and help spruce it up so that you can actually enjoy the space. If you’re ready to transform your existing bathroom into a space that is both modern and practical, consider the following tips:
- Start by updating the fixtures and you will see that this step alone will make a huge difference. A new faucet and modern sconces will transform the appearance of your bathroom completely so that it no longer looks old and rusty. The best part is that this step does not require you to change any tiles, so the work will not be overwhelming.
- Add artwork to the walls so that the room is not boring. You can hang designs that reflect your personal style, whether it’s a painting or a fashion ad from a magazine. Try to place the artwork in frames to give it an extra design factor and your bathroom will go from boring to fabulous in no time.
- Paint your existing tiles. This is definitely worth considering if you hate the color you currently have. Be sure to select the right primer and paint as tiles require specific materials because of their unique surface and the space they are in, which will see a lot of moisture. You can even paint accent tiles to give it a unique design by selecting contrasting colors.
- Make a statement with fun wallpaper, curtains, or ceiling fixture. There’s no right or wrong answer and you can definitely take design risks with your bathroom. These types of elements will allow you to add some fun in an otherwise dull space, so go ahead and think outside the box.
- Make sure your bathroom is functional. It’s easy to get carried away with new ideas but you must remember that a bathroom is a space that is used daily and constantly, so it has to make sense. You need a place to hang towels and require shelves for storage, so make sure you have a plan before you begin rearranging or decorating so that the end result is practical.
JJ Cabinet can help with all of your bathroom and kitchen renovations, so if you’re ready for an amazing transformation and want a renovation contractor that you can trust, give them a call now and let them bring your vision to life!