A lot of people put off bathroom renovations because of the cost factor. This type of project can be expensive, but the right tips will allow you to renovate your bathroom on a budget so if you want to complete a renovation and ensure it is affordable the following cost-saving tips will help:
- Create a budget and a plan and stick to it. The best way to save money is to develop a thorough plan. This is a proven method that works, so take the time to figure out what you want and what your budget will allow you to do because having an approximate number in mind will help you stick to it so that you don’t spiral into debt and make choices that are outside your budget. Go over every detail in your plan, including new vanity, paint, tile work, and decor, so that you don’t run into any surprises and can set your budget accordingly.
- Add a fresh coat of paint. This is a very inexpensive thing to do, and the results will completely transform the appearance of your bathroom. A fresh new coat of paint will make a very big difference, so do not underestimate this aspect, and you can choose to add vibrant color or a neutral one, depending on your style preference.
- Consider shelving over cabinetry because it is far less expensive and your bathroom renovations will not cost a fortune. Cabinetry is pricey, but shelves are a great alternative that will provide you with the same amount of storage for a lot less and shelving is available in a variety of decorative options, so you will be able to find something to your liking.
- Update your toilet instead of replacing it because, in most cases, there is nothing wrong with the existing one and a simple lid and seat change will be more than enough. This simple fix can make your toilet look completely new, so proceed with this option if it is a possibility because you will save quite a bit of money.
- Don’t move your plumbing unless you absolutely have to because this is a very expensive process as only a professional will be able to move a shower, toilet, or sink. This is not something a homeowner can do on their own and your bathroom will be out of service for at least a few days, so it’s better to keep your current plumbing where it is if you want to see a significant amount of savings.
If you’ve been dreaming of a new bathroom, JJ Cabinet can help! If you need a bathroom or kitchen renovation contractor in the Winnipeg area, give us a call now, and we will take care of all of your renovations for you. We can turn your dream bathroom or kitchen into a reality, so give us a call today!